Thursday, August 29, 2013

104. A measure of happiness based on the quartet , Be, Think, Do Have.




Here we introduce a measure of happiness, much like the measures of happiness according to the annual measurement of Gross National Happiness (GNH) in the country of Bhutan.

The main idea is to assess if the factors of being, thinking, doing and having are the true desired as it comes from within us or from our soul consiouness , or are imposed from outside centers of power.  In addition of course this is based  on that the desired is the correct inner desire and not a false external desire. Finally if Being , thinking , doing and  having corresponds to the true inner desire, then this is measured as Happiness.


See also the post 4. 

Let us mark ourselves every for the last 5 years , one mark for each year, and then take the average as follows:

Happiness from Having=H(have)=(I_have_what_I_want+I_want_what_I_have)/20
Where I_have_what_I_want and I_want_what_I_have are marked from 1 to 10.

Happiness from Doing=H(Do)=(I_do_what_I_want+I_want_what_I_do)/20
Where I_do_what_I_want and I_want_what_I_do are marked from 1 to 10.

Happiness from Thinking-Feeling=H(Think_n_Feel)=(I_think_n_feel_what_I_want+I_want_what_I_think_n_feel)/20
Where I_think_n_feel_what_I_want and I_want_what_I_think_n_feel  are marked from 1 to 10.


Happiness from Being=H(Be)=(I_am_what_I_want+I_want_what_I_am)/20
Where I_am_what_I_want and I_want_what_I_am are marked from 1 to 10.


Finally we take the weighted average of H(have), H(Do), H(think_n_feel), and H(Be), with weights say 1,2,3,4, (=10)  that is Total happiness=(H(have)+ 2*H(Do)+ 3*H(think_n_feel)+ 4*H(Be))/10.

Some people would argue that the weights should be in the reverse order, with the weight on the happiness of "have" equal to 4, but personally  I prefer, the weight so that the happiness of "Be" is of the highest weight. 

This would be are total happiness average index, for the last 5 years!. 

Of course peace of mind  and happiness comes also when we feel that we accomplish gradually our true goals. And there are minor and major goals in life. We might say that our existence has no other goal than to exist. Or that we may have many different goals, according to the scale of relevance in our existence. But one of the most beautiful and meaningful goals in life is to develop more of our soul consciousness. So all other minor goals like social success, money, fame, knowledge , creativity etc are to serve this major goal of developing more of our soul consciousness

No comments:

150. THE RAPING OF THE HUMAN SOUL IN THE MODERN CIVILIZATION.

  THE RAPING OF THE HUMAN SOUL IN VARIOUS SITUATIONS OF INADEQUATE LAWS AND  INSTITUTIONS OR REGRESSIVE EXCERCISE OF LAWS AND INSTITUTIONS I...