And here is another video by Rajneesh (Osho) (see e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhagwan_Shree_Rajneesh and http://www.osho.com/ or http://www.oshoworld.com/ or http://www.oshorajneesh.com/go.htm)
about the search for power
Spirituality is against all poverty:
Rajneesh-Osho was very much influenced and has in great parts identical teachings with J. Krishnamurti (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiddu_Krishnamurti).
Happiness for the people in the community (Ashram) of Rajneesh-Osho was coming through
1) Escape from the mundane survival mode
2) Eradication of hierarchical power dependence, like employer-employee relations, ownership of share holders to employees, family/relatives dysfunctional relations, authorities power dependencies, over indulgence psychologically to the ownership of private property etc
3) Improvement of the quality of emotions, getting rid of jealousy, hatred, anxiety , fear, greediness , hypocrisy , egotism etc
4) Non-instructional introversion and meditation that transcends space and time and the superficial concrete mortal mind so as to find the consciousness of the immortal soul through the heart.
5) Vegetarian nutrition
6) Dances, art-celebrations, music, singing painting, writing etc
7) Liberation from intimate sexual relations problems, derived from hypocrisy lies, fear, violence, deception, non-realistic commitments and expectations etc.
8) Liberation from prejudices in all areas of life
9) Liberation from unhappy dogmas of religions, sociology, politics, economics, ecology etc
10) Liberation from false ambitions, related to money, fame, social power, racial discrimination etc.
11) Liberation from stressful schedules, and failing projects or targeting and goal settings, concentration on the present and liberation from "becoming" something else than what we already are.
12) Liberation from a false and unhappy organization of life, and emphasis on the spontaneous free, fluent element of life.
13) Changing of negative attitudes, beliefs, and prejudices toward life itself.
14) Increase of awareness and consciousness in all levels of life.
15) Closer contact with nature in gardens and parks .
Here are some beliefs that create the reality of the experience of personal and social life for many people in the current civilization. Needless to say that I consider the beliefs below rather wrong.
1) In order to have the right to be alive, anyone in any age, and have access to the resources of the ecological planetary biosphere, or the inherited inventions and achievements of many past generations in the civilization, you must earn the necessary amount of money. Other wise you are not entitle to the above rights.
2) The economic inequalities are more than 80% a reflection of the meritocracy of the have ones versus the non-haves ones.
3) The economic inequalities (e.g. as described by the Pareto rules of 80%-20%) are the natural mode of evolution of the societies.
4) Every form of success and self-realization and creation of personal competence and value in life, is also the creation of personal financial wealth. The more the personal value, the more the economic difference from the average person's wealth. In short money and personal wealth more or less count also for personal value.
5) Only the state, is the appropriate power to take responsibility and solve all problems of life and society, and I just wait to take advantage of the benevolent solutions.
6) The right and exclusive privilege of the private industry of the banking system, to issue ("print") money and circulate it exclusively through debt, does no create in a periodic way massive financial destruction in the societies.
7) The right of the capital, to buy whole companies, and their human resources power, or the human working time, it is not a form of partial and indirect slavery.
8) The jungle-law of the powerful animal, as the one that by definition applies and creates suffering to the weak animals , is also a universal law in the human civilization.
9) Love is a state of weakness. Most often it leads to loss of freedom of loss of personal or social power and unhappiness.
10) In order for some one to have a successful and happy life, he/she must start with acquiring money and creating sufficient wealth. All else, more or less, will come sooner or later.
11) The emotions are the most important aspect of the human consciousness and must have the last word in the human decisions.
12) The only motives of people so as to do what they do in their lives are survival, (including sex and procreation) or money (the economic security, or the desire of becoming rich).
13) The only true value in human life is to fall in love, then to make a family and have children.
14) The natural state of a human being is suffering and unhappiness. Happiness is a rare intermittent state.
15) Most things in life are not determined by a human being. They simply happen to him. Few only are determined by him and for few only things he/she is responsible in his/her fate. Therefore the external conditions determine much more the life than the internal conditions of his/her existence.
Now it seems that most of the great civilizations in the 8 galaxies around us, that are thousands of years ahead of us, according to their messages, they tell us that they become great because they did not believe in principle as the previous 15 above and the reality of their experience of personal and social life is not one created by the above 15 beliefs.
(For more correct beliefs, principles ad values to substitute for the above 15 wrong beliefs see e.g. post 92 and 100)
"We , as human beings with soul, are perceivers. We are an awareness. We are not objects and we have no solidity. We are boundless. The world of objects and solidity is a way for making our passage through the material realities, convenient. It is only a description that was created to help us. We (do not) forget that the description is only a description and thus, we have learned not to entrap the totality of ourselves in a vicious circle of physicality from which few rarely emerge in a lifetime." By Morenay
Evolution of immortal perception.
There are awakened people, that the reason they do not succeed in accumulating money, in acquiring fame, or getting social power, is that deeply in their soul, and spirit, they have not been persuaded but only superficially that such a type of success, through money, fame or power, is worth pursuing!
And here someone might ask "What! You do not value the power as useful in society?"
I must say I do somehow for this state of the civilization. But very often, in the current situation ,groups of power are for the civilization as someone (the group of power) that tries to pull with a rope a car (the civilization) . Not only it will be very very difficult and somehow redundant , but it will also retard the speed of motion (evolution) that the car (civilization) can have! Power is progressive in a society, when it also offers to the society the means to neutralize it.
Any a leader who is supposed that has power, if he/she is really good in his/her leadership, must also be able to transcend the hierarchy imposed by economic system, transcend nature and the physical reality, and transcend the limitations of our mortal life as described below.
Having realized that they do not contribute to economic inequalities in this civilization, neither they believe any more that being able to climb to an economic inequality minority is the true honor or the true goal of their life.
Then they conclude that it is meaningless to pursuit the money and private property success by itself, even in the current mixed capitalistic-socialistic system. It is more an artificial desire, of the system or even of family and friends, TV and films, imposed upon me, they think. For them they do not apply roles like losers and winner, as in order to be a loser or winner you must accept to play the game, and they did not accept to play the game of proving themselves, by making money and social status. They are indeed here and exist and act in this society, but accepting the trendy dogmas about losers and winners is a game they do not play. For such people most of their souls desires or intentions are nor covered so much by having money, or spending time trying to accumulate money. Of course this does not mean that they should not have the basic income and private property for a healthy and decent life. Simply that the pursuit of a much above the average level of accumulation as a goal by itself, is not their measure of success.
Their measure of true success is to increase their frequency as physical body and existence , which means higher quality beliefs , thinking and feeling, and consciousness closer to higher frequencies realities (see post 12) which creates a better combination of the abilities and talents of individuals to a more prosperous society. And our science may not yet be aware of how we could measure this frequency, but their instinct is experienced to what qualities they must have in their life so as to have higher frequency.
On the other hand some of them may acquire significant wealth but not as a goal by itself but only as a right and as means of changing for the better the civilization. They do so, only if they can without betraying their true principles , not so as to get fulfillment from the higher economic status, but because they believe they have right to the civilization inheritance, and because they want to use it to influence , decrease the economic inequalities and improve the civilization. And by no means they consider it as a proof of them being more worthy than other individuals that have not acquired similar wealth.
The economic system (of capital and free market etc) and especially the monetary and banking system, has the property of creating inequalities even if all individuals were clones of the same person with the same abilities (like robots created by the same manufacturer, but having a internal random generator to emulate free will). This property of creating inequalities is a manifestation of the "law of universal attraction in activities" where money and an organization attracts more money and reproduces the organization. This means that with statistical mathematical certainty the majority of the population will be in deprivation, and a significant percentage of the population will result in to deep poverty, misery, illness, and even deaths. Therefore the economic system itself is the bearer of negative and lethal will for a significant percentage of the population.
The ones that have and dominate others have I think a weak point: Fate gives them an excuse of being there only because they some how serve (well or not well) the power of evolution in a civilization. This is the key from which those that do not have and do not dominate, can level with them, and even steer them to directions of higher benefits to all.
It is often insightful to perceive both , those that have and dominate (overtly or not) and those that do not have and do not dominate, as if random roles in a great theater, that cannot be taken seriously too much.
Honoring our existence means also giving more value to our perception of the world which has been acquired and elaborated with many efforts , than the world itself. To give more significance to our deeper principles and values, that those socially realized in the civilization, (in case we find the latter inferior and not suiting to us). To give more value to our seemingly mediocrity or even seemingly "failure", "loneliness" or "isolation" , that the conventional criteria of social success, after conceptions and beliefs that are not in congruence with our deeper principles and values. And there is no vain selfish arrogance or false pride in it, but only real competent experience and respect for high quality principles and values and of our deeper existence.
(see also post 12 and 110)
Such people go beyond Buddhist teaching: not only transcending the visible full of pain material world, but looking forward to a better (higher frequency) invisible material world full of invisible planets, living creatures, with less pain, and death. (see posts 12 and 110)
Advancement in technology may give to some people power over other people, but it is the quality of the consciousness and soul with which technology is used , that gives the higher frequency in our body, not the technology itself.
The only true material meritocracy, cosmically proved, is that of the frequency of micro-resolution atomic reality (see post 12 and post 110) where their physical bodies are living. And this material meritocracy is not achieved by accumulating money, or only technology or only better genetic DNA, but mainly through inner development of the quality of the consciousness and spiritual self which is reflected to higher frequency and finer atomic structure in the material body.
Non-material meritocracy is of course a totally different assessment.
By believing therefore that the spiritually and technologically more advanced civilizations of humans in the galaxy , do not use neither money, neither technology neither genetic racial superiority as correlated with the worth or superiority of people within the society of their civilization , and do not have significant inequalities in the living standards for people living in the same frequency physical reality and civilization, then they are liberated of the dogmas of our civilization about money private property , technology and social power as the only measure of meritocracy or goal of life. For example if people A in our civilization with more money, more social power, better technology, etc still have the same range of frequency of their physical bodies with poorer people B of less social power and worse technology then in the "universal eyes" of the advanced civilizations of the galaxy (but in their eyes too) ,A and B do not have worthy differences between them as human beings in spite the economic, power and technology differences! So our material measures of meritocracy in our civilization (money, genetic, technology ) are not used by the more advanced civilizations. Does that mean something? Does it mean that our material meritocracy is simply a collapsed scale of differences where in fact there are no real differences? Collapsed as the "walking" of the snakes? So trying to prove your superiority through these measures is a vain and trapped pursuit?
And even if such awakened people make money or social power, it has not the absolute meaning we are used to.
For such awakened people of our society that believe all the above, their ideals and perspectives of nature itself are different from what we see in nature right now, and that is why, they are liberated of the obvious phenomenology and the profane.
TRANSCENDING OUR MORTAL LIFE SO AS TO BE HAPPY WITHIN OUR MORTAL LIFE.
Going one step further the previous awakened people, and so as to be happy, they search through meditation their eternal part of their existence (their hyper-consciousness see post 45). Their soul and spiritual self. Most of them believe in the reincarnation or re-birth of the human soul. This is done with spontaneous or organized silent voiceless and without images meditation that goes beyond their mortal and material fabric of space and time. Not by focusing on the present as many gurus claim, because present is another category of time like the past and the future. But by transcending all the three, present, past and future. This is done also by transcending the mortal concrete mind , to the abstract immortal mind or even deeper. Transcending the mortal concrete mind does not mean that we blame every problem to this part of the mind, as many gurus claim. No! They do need a more perfect concrete mortal mind too to solve problems. Problems are nor all created by the mortal concrete mind. Problems maybe created by the physical reality too, by genetics, even by the soul and the spirit.
So these awakened people through this awareness of the eternal intent of their soul, they find what they want to do with their life. Some of them might be in their previous life in other more advanced civilizations of the galaxy, in the same level of 1st frequency micro-resolution reality (in other words our known material reality), but the society of these civilizations might not use money at all, and might not have but very unimportant inequalities in the living standards It is obvious that such people being in our current civilization might make them feel quite uncomfortable and meaningless with the economic inequalities we have. Still other such people in their previous lives might be in higher frequency micro-resolution reality, planetary biosphere and even more advanced civilization. For these people not only our society but even our ecological jungle-kind biosphere makes them feel very uncomfortable.
In any case, when such awakened people find their true eternal soul intention, they proceed in activities in our society. These activities, creative or self-developing etc may lead them to have money, social power, and fame. But all these three (money, social power, fame) is only the means to their inner goals. These inner eternal goals maybe also useful to the civilization as whole, and to the existences of other people. Because the deeper you go in your existence, the more you find the existence of the other human beings too. For them wealth is the ability to experience happily and consciously the different states and qualities of their existence. Therefore money, fame and power, of these awakened people (that can be either in the private sector or in the public sector) , is mainly for the common good too, are progressive for the civilization , and are not goals by themselves. On the other hand, there are people (either in the private sector or in the public sector) that do make money, fame and power, but only because they have them as goals by themselves. Usually these people reach to dead end, and their money, fame and power are of the regressive negative type, leading to indirect or direct destruction in society, and the other people. So both money and fame can be regressive.
Money if seen as right to the resources of the planet, is something that seems good and progressive and at minimum survival level all should have it unconditionally. Because ecological life and civilization inventions as well, is a common inheritance for all, and no minority should monopolize them creating damage to the rest of the people.
But if money is conceived as a medium , a technology for people to apply power to other people, then they are regressive if this power is regressive and progressive if this power is progressive.
And if also money is conceived as a means to increase or decrease inequality of living standards in the society, then it is regressive usually (not always) when it increases inequalities and progressive usually (not always) when it decreases inequalities.
The same with fame. Fame can be regressive too (for the society I mean not for the famous person). There is so much negative will hovering and entertained in our civilization, that sometimes you do not acquire fame unless what you do to society is sufficient destructive to some measure. Of course the fame is still hypocritically positive and non-awakened people do not realize what is really happening And you do not acquire money or power unless what you do to society is sufficient destructive to some measure.
The question if money, fame and power in total sum for the civilization is in the side of regressive negative will or progressive positive will , is something that we will not discuss in detail here. But most people believe in the current debt-crisis that for the moment (2013) the social powers, through the monetary-banking and financial system, are regressive and destructive for the civilization. Many times in the history, negative evolution has been reversed to positive, we never know exactly, when and what the future will be.
Some of them may acquire significant wealth but not as a goal by itself but only as a right and as means of changing for the better the civilization. They do so, only if they can without betraying their true soul principles , not so as to get fulfillment from the higher economic status, but because they believe they have right to the civilization inheritance, and because they want to use it to influence , decrease the economic inequalities and improve the civilization. And by no means they consider it as a proof of them being more worthy than other individuals that have not acquired similar wealth.
Honoring our existence means also giving more value to our, with many efforts, elaborated perception of the world, than the world itself. More significance to our deeper principles and values, that those socially realized in the civilization, (in case we find the latter inferior and not suiting to us). More value to our seemingly mediocrity or even seemingly "failure", "loneliness" or "isolation" , that the conventional criteria of social success, after conceptions and beliefs that are not in congruence with our deeper principles and values. And there is no vain selfish arrogance or false pride in it, but only real competent experience and respect for high quality principles and values and for our deeper existence.
In conclusion we see that happiness in our mortal life comes when we transcend our mortal life, and discover the true eternal intent of our immortal existence.