The top-down flow:
Sow a thought and you reap an emotion;
Sow an emotion and you reap an act;
Sow an act and you reap a habit;
Sow a habit and you reap a character;
Sow a character and you reap a destiny;
The bottom-up flow:
14. Perform mental scan of all the day with its events especially relevant to the habit of interest, at the end of the day in the bed before we fall asleep and at the beginning of the day before we get up from the bed.
15. Randomly during the day (e.g. with an electronic alarm in your mobile phone) test if what you are doing or if your state at the particular moment, is adding to the success of the new habit or is subtracting from it. Accept only positive, or negative assessment. (the scorecard).
In the conscious reprogramming of the subconscious through self-talk, external or internal, it is better if
16. we use positive affirmative, not negative words and images
17. we use the present tense
18. we use the 1st person of the grammar
19. we affirm an action rather than an aptitude
20.we focus the attention on one area at a time
21. we use all available details
22. we are exact
23. we try feasible goals
The 6-step method for changing the habit is the next:
1) Decide what habit you want to change and what is preventig you from doing it.