Sunday, May 1, 2011

16. The three persons of grammar , types of psychological awareness, and loneliness

Erich Fromm on the gradual degradation of  the 1st person "I" in social history:

1.I (God) and thou (my children)
2.I and them (other people)
3. I and it (objects)
4. It and it.



There are people that their emotional centre of gravity finds residence mainly on the 1st person of grammar "I".

You may say that the 1st type of volitional personality types (the lion)are inclined to be so.(see post no 80).
Such persons feel lonely if they are not left alone to be themselves, or if within their interaction with other people are not allowed to be themselves.
Then there are people that their emotional centre of gravity finds residence mainly on the 2nd person of grammar "You".
You may say that the 2nd type of emotional personality types (the otter) are inclined to be so.
Such persons feel lonely if they are not together with a mate most of the time.
Then there are people that their emotional centre of gravity finds residence mainly on the 3rd person of grammar "Them ".
You may say that the 3rd type of behavioural  personality types (the golden retriever) are inclined to be so.
Such persons feel lonely if they are not together with many other people (known or unknown) most of the time.
Then there are people that their emotional centre of gravity finds residence mainly on the 3rd person of grammar "It ".
You may say that the 4th type of intellectual personality types (the beaver) are inclined to be so.
Such persons feel lonely if they  are not together with their valuable stuff (objects, devices , house ware , artefacts etc) most of the time.
We may understand therefore how relative is the feeling of  loneliness!

Some ancient teachings about the psycholgy of the individuation , talk about the 3 phases:
1.I am that
2.That I am
3.I am that, that I am.

No comments:

150. THE RAPING OF THE HUMAN SOUL IN THE MODERN CIVILIZATION.

  THE RAPING OF THE HUMAN SOUL IN VARIOUS SITUATIONS OF INADEQUATE LAWS AND  INSTITUTIONS OR REGRESSIVE EXCERCISE OF LAWS AND INSTITUTIONS I...